All Paratransit trips require an advance reservation. All reservations must be made by 12:00PM the business day before your appointment; however, you may request a reservation as far ahead as two weeks. You must call with your requests by 12:00PM on Friday for trips on Saturday, or Monday.
Note: There is an exception for trips of the ADA Complementary Paratransit Program, which can be scheduled the day before your trip during regular business hours of 7:00AM – 4:00PM, Monday – Friday.
Click here to apply for shared ride/paratransit service.
Frequently asked questions:
What number do I call to make a reservation?
To schedule a reservation for transportation, call the CAT Call Center at 1-717-233-5657.
The Call Center is open between 7:00AM and 4:00PM, Monday through Friday.
You must speak with a person; requests for trips left on the voicemail will not be accepted. We suggest avoiding Mondays from 7:00AM-9:00AM, which is a peak call time.
What information do I need to schedule a trip?
- Your Client ID number or name. If you are making a trip for someone else, please give his or her Client ID number or name.
- The appointment time.
- The exact address for the trip that you are requesting.
- The name of the doctor or facility for the trip that you are requesting.
- Any mobility device that you require.
- If you need a personal care assistant (previously referred to as escorts). Must be pre-approved by CAT during application process.
- Notes about special entrances to your building (i.e. Apartment located at back entrance etc.).
- Passengers are responsible for notifying CAT of any address or phone number changes by 12:00PM the business day before the trip.
How much will I pay?
Different programs have different co-pays. Co-pays range in amounts because each passenger utilizes different funding sources. Please see Shared Ride Fares for detailed Fare Charts pertaining to funding sources and trip purposes. A CAT Call Center representative will confirm the cost of your co-pay for the specific trip you are booking at the time of reservation.
Will someone other than CAT pick me up?
CAT utilizes subcontractors to provide transportation. This means a passenger may be picked up by different provider but will be in a CAT labeled vehicle.
Can I bring my personal care assistant?
Passengers who wish to travel with a personal care assistant must submit a form from their physician. For more information on our policies and to download the form, visit our Personal Care Assistant page.
Can your vehicles accommodate my mobility device/aid?
All vehicles are ADA accessible and service animals are permitted on board. To view the bus lift limitations, see our Mobility Device information page.