All Paratransit trips require an advance reservation. All reservations must be made by 1:30PM the business day before your appointment; however, you may request a reservation as far ahead as two weeks. You must call with your requests by 1:30PM on Friday for trips on Saturday, or Monday.
Note: There is an exception for trips of the ADA Complementary Paratransit Program, which can be scheduled the day before your trip during regular business hours of 7:00AM – 4:00PM, Monday – Friday.
Note: There is an exception for trips of the ADA Complementary Paratransit Program and of the Same Day Shared Ride Pilot Program. ADA Complementary Paratransit Program trips can be scheduled the day before your trip during regular business hours of 7:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday. Saturday 7:15 to 3:45PM, Sunday and holidays can be made via an automated phone system.
Same Day Shared Ride Pilot Program trips must be scheduled by 1:30PM at least 2 hours prior to the trip. See the Same Day Shared Ride Pilot Program section below for more details.
What are the guidelines for Same Day Shared Ride?
- The Same Day Shared Ride Program is a pilot program available only to riders funded by PWD and the Lottery.
- Same Day and Next Day requests must be made by 1:30PM. After that, the regular scheduling process will follow.
- Same Day requests must be made at least 2 hours prior to the trip.
- Same Day trips will be charged an additional convenience fee of $1.00.
- During this pilot program, the safest way to reserve your trip is to book the day before. Space is limited and same day trips may be denied.
- All trip requests must fit within standard county guidelines.
What number do I call to make a reservation?
To schedule a reservation for transportation, call the CAT Call Center at 1-717-233-5657.
The Call Center is open between 7:00AM and 4:00PM, Monday through Friday.
You must speak with a person; requests for trips left on the voicemail will not be accepted. We suggest avoiding Mondays from 7:00AM-9:00AM, which is a peak call time.
What information do I need to schedule a trip?
- Your Client ID number or name. If you are making a trip for someone else, please give his or her Client ID number or name.
- The appointment time.
- The exact address for the trip that you are requesting.
- The name of the doctor or facility for the trip that you are requesting.
- Any mobility device that you require.
- If you need a personal care assistant (previously referred to as escorts). Must be pre-approved by CAT during application process.
- Notes about special entrances to your building (i.e. Apartment located at back entrance etc.).
How much will I pay?
Different programs have different co-pays. Co-pays range in amounts because each passenger utilizes different funding sources. Please see Shared Ride Fares for detailed Fare Charts pertaining to funding sources and trip purposes. A CAT Call Center representative will confirm the cost of your co-pay for the specific trip you are booking at the time of reservation.
Will someone other than Capital Area Transit pick me up?
CAT utilizes subcontractors to provide transportation. This means a passenger may be picked up by different provider but will be in a vehicle with the CAT logo.