This is to affirm that Cumberland-Dauphin-Harrisburg Transit Authority, trading as Capital Area Transit, hereinafter referred to as CAT or the Authority, follows a policy of providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies.
- CAT will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, sexual preference, or status with regard to public assistance.
- CAT will take affirmative action to ensure that all employment practices are free of such discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship.
- CAT will commit the necessary time and resources, both financial and human, to achieve the goals of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- CAT fully supports incorporation of the non-discrimination and affirmative action rules and regulations into contracts.
- Any employee of this Company or subcontractor of this Company who does not comply with the Equal Employment Opportunity Policies and Procedures as set forth in this statement and plan will be subject to disciplinary action. Any subcontractor not complying with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives, and regulations of the Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies thereof will be subject to appropriate legal sanctions.
- CAT has appointed the Manager of Human Resources, Linda Knapp, to manage the Equal Employment Opportunity Program, although all management personnel share in this responsibility and will be assigned specific tasks to assure compliance is achieved.
- If any employee or applicant for employment should believe that he or she has been discriminated against, they should contact:
Capital Area Transit
Attn: Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Program Manager Linda Knapp
901 North Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101