For Information – 232-6100 (Harrisburg) | Toll Free 1-800-303-1904
Capital Area Transit, through the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s Lottery Transportation Division, provides shared-ride transportation at a discounted rate to persons over the age of 65.
Eligibility for the program requires that you be:
- A resident of Dauphin County
- Over the age of 65
- Be able to produce verification of age such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, or similar identification.
If you would like to find out more about the Senior Citizen Transit Card, please call or come into our offices. We would be happy to assist you in the application process. Seniors possessing the card ride for $2.25 for a trip of 3.9 miles or less to $6.00 for a trip of 19 miles or more. Any medical trip is $1.00.
In Harrisburg, Share-A-Ride service is available Monday to Friday from 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Saturday from 6 AM to 6 PM.
All CAT’s service are provided door-to-door. It also means the driver will give you, the passenger, whatever assistance you want and need, up to the door of the location where you are traveling. The driver cannot take a wheelchair up and down steps, nor go in to a building in search of a passenger.
CAT Shared Ride offers services to Dauphin County, the urbanized area of Cumberland County, and occasionally into adjacent counties. Trips to Cumberland County are limited to the Camp Hill/Mechanicsburg area for Medical trips. On rare occasions destinations include medical trips in Southern Perry County.
The Harrisburg Office is located at 901 N. Cameron Street. Office hours are from 7:00 am. to 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday.
Appointments must be phoned into the Scheduling Office no later than 12:00 PM the working day before the desired appointment. Customers are encouraged to call several days in advance when possible.
Please be sure to phone in an appointment at least one (1) day earlier than normal around each of the following holidays. CAT Share-A-Ride will be closed and does not offer service on the following Holidays or on a Monday when the Holiday falls on Sunday:
|New Year’s Day||Labor Day|
|Easter Day||Thanksgiving Day|
|Memorial Day||Christmas Day|
If you require an escort or personal care attendant, that person must be identified prior to the trip to ride for free.
Pick Up/Drop Off Window
Cat Share-A-Ride, like many similar services, operates on the basis of a “window” for pick-ups, defined as 15 minutes before or after the scheduled pick-up time. That means you need to be ready 15 minutes before your pick-up time. We consider a trip on time if the driver arrives 15 minutes of the scheduled time.
Lost and Found
If you leave something on one of our vehicles, please call us at 232-6104 x. 136. .
- Please no eating or drinking on the van.
- Passengers must have exact fare – drivers do not make change.
- Smoking is prohibited on the van.
- Guide/Service animals are the only animals permitted on the van.
- Loud and disruptive behavior may result in removal from the van.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times.
- Grocery shopping passengers are limited to what can be reasonably carried by one person in one trip.
- If a passenger needs a personal care attendant, notify the Scheduling Office.
- Drivers are not permitted to take wheelchairs up or down stairs, nor permitted to enter residence or destination point.