Harrisburg’s annual holiday parade will take place on Saturday November 22, 2014. The parade will begin at 12 noon until 3PM. Market St Bridge will close from 11:30AM till 3:30PM. Rt. D/Shopper’s Special and Rt. M/Mechanicsburg will need to detour using the following routing:
OB – Leaving the Transfer Center, right onto Market St, right onto 3rd St, right onto Chestnut St, left onto Front St, right onto Rt. 83S ramp, exit right onto Lemoyne, right onto 3rd St, left onto Market St to regular route.
IB – Regular route to right onto 3rd St, left onto Lowther St, left onto Rt. 83N, exit right onto 2nd St into Transfer Center.
Due to the re-paving of 17th St, CAT buses will not be able to travel through the Hall Manor Loop (17th St and Hanover St). All buses will detour using the following routing:
- OB – regular route to 13th St, right on Hanover St, right on Cameron St, right on Sycamore to regular route.
- IB – regular route to Sycamore St, left on 13th St, right on Hanover St, right on Cameron St, right on Sycamore St, left on 13th St to regular route.
The following services will NOT operate on Veterans Day, Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
- RT 4 City Island Park-n-Loop
- RT 7 Riverfront Office Complex
- RT 21 DGS Annex
- RT 23 Dauphin – Millersburg – Elizabethville
- RT 81 Newville – Shippensburg
- RT 81-N Mechanicsburg Naval Base
- RT 120 Winding Hill Express
- RT C Carlisle Commuter Express trips – local service will operate
- RT M Mechanicsburg Commuter Express trips -local service will operate
Stops during this detour while McDonalds on Eisenhower Blvd is undergoing construction are:
- Outbound bus picks up at the Old Eat and Park and the inbound buses will pick up at the Sheraton.
Beginning Monday, June 10, 2013, Enola Rd (Rte 944) at Rte 11-15 will be closed to westbound traffic onto Enola Dr or Rte 944. Outbound buses will use Rte 11/15 north and turn onto Enola St (next to Tavern on the Hill sign) then turn at the curve onto South St and follow South St to Enola Drive and back to regular route.
Inbound buses will be on South Enola Drive until Fairview, then will make left and go down to 11/15.
This detour will remain in effect until Summer 2015 according to Penn-Dot District 8.